Inspiring Me, the WAHM Wannabe

I am a young working mother dreaming big of becoming a work-at-home-mom. In the meantime, I am juggling a career, life with my fantastic family, my passion for projects of the craftsy kind, and all other things I like, wanna like and will like along the way. All this and still trying my darnest to look great! CHEER ME ON!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Little Heartbreaks


Leslie has amblyopia. Big word for such a tiny girl. My niece said her doctor called it a lazy eye. How severe? I do not know yet… but from the little tidbits I heard, her left eye may never get better.

Tots was the first to tell me that Leslie looked a little cross-eyed, something I refused to believe. It took a while for me to acknowledge that, yes, her left eye did seem to wander a tiny bit. It took a split second longer for her one eye to move in tune with the other. My sister finally took her to see the doctor the other day.

The pedia did some simple vision tests, after which she determined that the right eye was ok, while the other one was, in Leslie’s words, “working only a little”.

The next day, my mom took her to an eye specialist. The optometrist went through the whole amblyopia thing.

When Mama told me last night that there was a possibility Leslie’s left eye could go blind, I cried my heart out in Tots’ arms. My poor niece, my poor baby. You think you’ve been tested enough but every now and then, life brings little heartbreaks that make a river of tears flow down non stop.

So I’m doing a lot of research on amblyopia….

8 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger Christianne said...

Oh no! praying for Leslie...

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger May said...

Thanks a lot Christianne! Will need a lot of prayers. I dunno how much problems a five year old can take. :(

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

http://www.healthnewsflash.com/conditions/amblyopia.php

It has all the causes, symptoms, and treatment. Lemme know if you need more on the subject.

And prayers are with you too.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger roxiegirl said...

She'll get by with the support and care that you will give her. Be strong for your niece and make her feel that she will be appreciated no matter what. The real challenge really is with people that she will be dealing with outside of home. But if there is acceptance and love, she will be able to rise above it all. Boz and I will say a prayer for her and for you!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger roxiegirl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Chateau said...

I hope things work out for your niece's good.. I know it's easier to talk. but have you heard of Roselle Ambubuyog's story? There's a story about her in my other blog - http://camgray.blogs.friendster.com/a_moms_life_sigh/2005/10/the_story_of_ro.html
She did it, with determination and solid support from her family.. I'm praying you will all be strong for your niece. :)

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it breaks my heart reading this post. i'll pray that your niece will be ok.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger May said...

mommies, thanks for your prayers and support.

Kay and Chats, thanks for the links...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home