Goodbye Brown Jack-Jack, Hello Alphabet Wall
Brown Jack-Jack, one of Leslie’s hamsters, died Saturday night. Yesterday morning, my mom woke up to find all the other hamsters crowding around their fallen mate and – I hope you have strong stomachs you all – eating him! Yuuuuccck!! I never knew cannibalism existed in such animals. It was horrible, it was like a scene from a scary movie. All that were left were bones and blood. All remaining five of them could eat that fast? Double yuck.
Mama didn’t want to touch the cage so she placed the task upon my brother. And what a shock for poor little Leslie. I feel really bad she saw the cage; no one had noticed she had gone off to see them. She wasn’t even told one of them had died. She cried all morning so she wasn’t allowed out of the house till the cage was clean. But she felt better when she remembered that the Sing Along version of High School Musical (a Disney original) was showing that night. She had been waiting weeks for that. I’m glad she’s ok now, but I don’t know what goes on in that five year old head of hers sometimes.
It’s a morbid tale, I know. Otherwise, my Sunday was spent lazing at home. Tots, as usual, was at wargames. My sister came over and we made popcorn. And hooray, we had cheesy powder to mix it with! Yummy! Didn’t come close to my favorite Holy Kettle Corn but it was delish. The hot popcorn was perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon.
Nothing craftsy done yesterday, although I did do this:
Mama didn’t want to touch the cage so she placed the task upon my brother. And what a shock for poor little Leslie. I feel really bad she saw the cage; no one had noticed she had gone off to see them. She wasn’t even told one of them had died. She cried all morning so she wasn’t allowed out of the house till the cage was clean. But she felt better when she remembered that the Sing Along version of High School Musical (a Disney original) was showing that night. She had been waiting weeks for that. I’m glad she’s ok now, but I don’t know what goes on in that five year old head of hers sometimes.
It’s a morbid tale, I know. Otherwise, my Sunday was spent lazing at home. Tots, as usual, was at wargames. My sister came over and we made popcorn. And hooray, we had cheesy powder to mix it with! Yummy! Didn’t come close to my favorite Holy Kettle Corn but it was delish. The hot popcorn was perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon.
Nothing craftsy done yesterday, although I did do this:
Isaac was excited. He wanted to get in his crib, pronto. Usually, it’s the other way around. Anyway, we’ve been learning our letters from his Alphabet book but this is something he and his Yaya Rose can do during daytime. Yaya isn’t really into books. I got the inspiration from my friend tina11 from PEx. I saw pictures and flashcards on the wall next to her chubby baby Annika’s high chair and I thought I’d do the same. Thanks!

6 Comments:
Wow, I'm honored! Na-mention pala ako dito. Does Isaac like his new, colorful wall?
Poor Jack-jack. Is Leslie your sister?
Hindi lang ikaw, take note. Annika, too. =)
Poor Brown Jack-Jack nga. Thanks for the condolences. Leslie's my 5-year old neice (the only one I have!). She lives with her grandparents (my folks) just a stone's throw from where we live.
Oooh, and yes, yes, yes. Isaac loves his new colorful wall!
Oh I see! It did sound like she lived with your mom and dad so I thought they had another baby late in life, like some families I know :) I never knew hamsters were cannibalistic. What a way to die - being eaten by your friends!
How old is Isaac again? I've a really bad memory.
As for the hamster, yep, they're cannbalistic. Careful when they give birth since they get hungry easily, they sometimes eat their own babies.
Isaac is a year and half!
Post a Comment
<< Home