Painter's Little Assistant
I painted away the alphabet molds last night while watching The Sixth Sense. Isaac didn’t sleep early as planned, though. I gave him toys to play with in his crib but he got bored after a while and implored to get out. He probably got all excited when he saw me set up the paints and molds on the floor where I planned to work. Tots wasn’t home yet, he didn’t come in till after nine, so there was no one else to play with him. I picked him up and settled him on the floor with me and my paints.
Oh was he happy! He reached out for a mold, to which I said a gentle “no.” The next half hour until his Daddy arrived had me saying “no” every two minutes. We had fun, though. To keep him distracted, I taught him to arrange the tube paints in the box, to which he would follow then spill out so he could do it again. I painted while watching him from the corner of my eye. A couple of times in between, he’d try to reach out for the molds and brush (my “no” wore off at some point) then he kept giggling and standing up to hug me like we were sharing a secret or something. I love that moment. Needless to say, the movie was forgotten, the first half hour at least.
I’m almost done, I’m almost done! So far, I’ve painted I-S-A-A. Tonight, the C will be a cinch. Oh, I love my work. After the paint job, I’ll seal the letter molds in some clear varnish and voila! Which also brings me to a little dilemma: display options. I don’t have any ideas right now. Turning them into magnet molds for the refrigerator is out of the question. Since I used plaster of Paris, they’re a little soft. The instant they drop, as all refrigerator magnet molds do, they’ll break. Me no like break. Hmmm, frame it? I thought about that. It’s so common, I don’t want another wall décor right now. Any ideas?


3 Comments:
Why don't you hang it then? Kinda like a mobile ...
Hear, hear! Thanks, Kay! I'll think about that.
Great!
Post a Comment
<< Home