Precious, Priceless
The usual hype and gripe at work yesterday. It was better than most days though so I was able to finish early. I used a little spare time to round my favorite ‘Net haunts.
Then Tots texted me, 6pm I think. He was at downtown Gaisano and he wanted to know if I’d be getting off work soon. I replied that I was done with my tasks and we could go home together. I met hubby at Gaisano , we did a little window shopping, bought a couple of groceries and headed for home.
Since our yaya gets off at six, Isaac was left to the care of my folks, who live close by. I bet he was causing a ruckus at Leslie’s playroom. Times like this I don’t usually pick him up ASAP. I like to sit down or lie on the bed for a while and rest my tired feet. Then I change out of my office clothes, freshen up a bit and when I’m ready, I’m in mom mode, eager for a kiss and hug.
I dunno, greeting your kids first thing you walk through the door might work for some but I like shaking off the work dust before I face my baby. I just feel that I can be a better mom if I’ve shifted from mom-at-work to mom-at-home. So whether it’s baby happily playing or baby screaming and puking that I come home to, I’m The Mom who can handle it all.
Anyway, last night was one of the best coming home experiences I’ve had with Isaac. I’ve been wrapped up with work for some time, I guess I just never noticed his reactions. After my usual rest ritual, I go over to pick him up. I was quite when I entered and he was busy with some building blocks. I signaled Mama and Leslie to shush and I just stood watching him. He had his back to me and was he the busybody! I swear he sensed my presence coz he turned round and showed me all 7 teeth in gleeful recognition. Seeing his eyes light up was priceless. With a happy shout, he runs to me as fast as his fat-short legs could muster and throws himself into my waiting arms. Oh, how I love that moment.
I had a lot to think about that night. I want to live more moments like this. I want to be less tired from work so I can be more energetic for my family. I want…. I want my WAHM dream to come true.
I woke up at 3am this morning. While my boys slept, I took out a folder from our filing shelf and leafed through it. It’s thick with filed paper, some dog eared, some ear marked with paper clips, and Post-Its wedged everywhere with scribbles and stuff. I look for the draft business plan Tots and I made a couple of months back. Hmmm, still needs a lot of work. Well, the research won’t get done by itself, right? Then, I got to get going!
Then Tots texted me, 6pm I think. He was at downtown Gaisano and he wanted to know if I’d be getting off work soon. I replied that I was done with my tasks and we could go home together. I met hubby at Gaisano , we did a little window shopping, bought a couple of groceries and headed for home.
Since our yaya gets off at six, Isaac was left to the care of my folks, who live close by. I bet he was causing a ruckus at Leslie’s playroom. Times like this I don’t usually pick him up ASAP. I like to sit down or lie on the bed for a while and rest my tired feet. Then I change out of my office clothes, freshen up a bit and when I’m ready, I’m in mom mode, eager for a kiss and hug.
I dunno, greeting your kids first thing you walk through the door might work for some but I like shaking off the work dust before I face my baby. I just feel that I can be a better mom if I’ve shifted from mom-at-work to mom-at-home. So whether it’s baby happily playing or baby screaming and puking that I come home to, I’m The Mom who can handle it all.
Anyway, last night was one of the best coming home experiences I’ve had with Isaac. I’ve been wrapped up with work for some time, I guess I just never noticed his reactions. After my usual rest ritual, I go over to pick him up. I was quite when I entered and he was busy with some building blocks. I signaled Mama and Leslie to shush and I just stood watching him. He had his back to me and was he the busybody! I swear he sensed my presence coz he turned round and showed me all 7 teeth in gleeful recognition. Seeing his eyes light up was priceless. With a happy shout, he runs to me as fast as his fat-short legs could muster and throws himself into my waiting arms. Oh, how I love that moment.
I had a lot to think about that night. I want to live more moments like this. I want to be less tired from work so I can be more energetic for my family. I want…. I want my WAHM dream to come true.
I woke up at 3am this morning. While my boys slept, I took out a folder from our filing shelf and leafed through it. It’s thick with filed paper, some dog eared, some ear marked with paper clips, and Post-Its wedged everywhere with scribbles and stuff. I look for the draft business plan Tots and I made a couple of months back. Hmmm, still needs a lot of work. Well, the research won’t get done by itself, right? Then, I got to get going!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home