Inspiring Me, the WAHM Wannabe

I am a young working mother dreaming big of becoming a work-at-home-mom. In the meantime, I am juggling a career, life with my fantastic family, my passion for projects of the craftsy kind, and all other things I like, wanna like and will like along the way. All this and still trying my darnest to look great! CHEER ME ON!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Super Inggo to the Rescue!

I have this game I play with Isaac which I call Super Baby. When he was strong enough to support his neck and hold up his head, I’d lie down, hoist him up over my knees and rock back and forth. Oh, how he loves that! I’d make him do the Superman by taking one of his arms and extending it out, the other poised on his waist and I’d holler “Dee dee dee dit dee dit! Super Baby to the resssscue, to the rescue!!” He’d laugh no end every single time. Music can’t get any better than that.

Last night a spanking new show aired on ABS-CBN about superhero kid, Super Inggo. Now I’m no fan of local TV shows really, not when there are a whole lot of other channels to watch on cable. Plus when you’ve got at least 4 sports channels to choose from and a hubby that can’t seem to let go of the remote control, viewing time is rather limited. Anyway, Tots was still out doing deliveries and this was my chance to watch Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal. I thought I’d also take this chance to catch up on Bituin Walang Ningning since I missed a lot of days. (Whaaat, Rosa Mia knows she’s mom to Dorina already?!). But after KDOND, some superhero kid started flying through the screen. Shrugging it off as a commercial of some sort, I turned back to my table where I was sorting files. I was working about 10 minutes when I heard Isaac grunting some sort of “oooh, oomph, ah, hi-yah!” I had left him on the floor with his toy basket and I know that by turning round I’d be facing a lot of scatter. He was still grunting when I looked over and yes, there were toys everywhere. But he wasn’t on the floor. He was standing up, immersed in the show. On TV were a couple of kids in superhero costumes doing stunts and stuff and colors flashed every now and then in an impressive display of special effects. My 19-month baby was accompanying his grunts and yelps with kicks, mini jumps (he can’t really jump yet) and boxing punches.

My boy was pretending to be a superhero! It was so lovably funny! Hmmm, should our game now be “Dee dee dee dit dee dit! Super Inggo to the resss-cue, to the rescue!!!”? Guffaw!

4 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Daiz said...

Riel also loves playing superbebi. We do exactly the same thing when he's smaller, but now that he's heavier I carry him face down like he's flying.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger May said...

We all have the same game! Super Mommies!!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger ~ flor ~ said...

Go go go, Super Mommies! lol

i always remember Nikki in her tight-fitting, belly-bulging Super Girl costume!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

stick to superbaby ... much better ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home